Snipe-IT has an active community of core developers as well as great community support, and we're happy to try to help you through your issue. The more information you can provide us, the easier it will be for us to help you.
Please do not email for installation support.
Github Issues allows us to share solutions so that other people can learn from them, which gives the community the most benefit.
It is quite literally impossible for us to be able to assist you without additional information. The stack trace tells us where the error is occurring, and what might have triggered it.
To enable debug mode:
- Open your .env file and change
- From the command line at your Snipe-IT project root, run
php artisan config:clear
If you see a "Whoops" error message with no additional information (no stack trace), you are not in debug mode. Click here for more information.
Sometimes errors reported by your browser can lend a clue as to what's going on. Enable your browser's error console to see any client-side errors that may be causing issues.
Your app logs (found in
storage/logs) and your web server logs will provide more detailed information about what's going wrong, as well as any logging output that we have put in place for debugging purposes.
First, check the Common Issues page to make sure your problem hasn't already been addressed. We update that page frequently as requests come in.
When posting a new issue, please be SURE to include the following in every issue:
- Version of Snipe-IT you're running. (If you didn't grab an official release, let us know which branch you pulled from.)
- What OS and web server you're running Snipe-IT on
- What method you used to install Snipe-IT (
install.sh, manual installation, docker, etc)
- If you're getting an error in your browser, include that error.
- What specific Snipe-IT page you're on, and what specific element you're interacting with to trigger the error
- If a stacktrace is provided in the error, include that too.
- Any errors that appear in your browser's error console.
- Confirm whether the error is reproduceable on the demo.
- Include any additional information you can find in
storage/logsand your webserver's logs.
- Include what you've done so far in the installation, and if you got any error messages along the way.
- Indicate whether or not you've manually edited any data directly in the database
Github issues that have not been updated/replied to by a user will be closed after two weeks.
Updated 2 years ago